New Gilliam Fellowship for State-of-the-art Examination of the brand new Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI): Brand new Gilliam Fellowship to have Cutting-edge Studies try a course of your own Howard Hughes Scientific Institute, a medical lookup providers dedicated to biomedical research and you will knowledge. Gilliam Jr., a rent Trustee from HHMI who had been invested in cultivating good diverse medical people. Yearly HHMI prizes 5 Gilliam fellowships.
People with the Gilliam Fellowship are taken from college students picked so you’re able to be involved in this new HHMI Outstanding Browse Opportunities System which supplies college students from disadvantaged experiences the chance to get expertise in the fresh laboratories away from HHMI detectives and you can faculty. The fresh new Fellowship will bring complete support for five years out-of data for the a Ph.D. Gilliam fellowship awards up to $46,000 having 2016-2017 academic season.
Yahoo Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: The newest Yahoo Anita Borg Art gallery Scholarship is actually established in award from Dr. Anita Borg, originator of one’s Institute for ladies and you will Tech, whom loyal the woman lives to reinventing exactly how we remember tech and you will recommending on the part of ladies and you may minorities on computers and technology fields. Borg’s attention and you will opinions, Google is very happy to contain the Anita Borg Scholarship by which Google dreams in order to remind ladies in order to do just fine during the measuring and tech and become part activities and you can leadership.
Candidates should be full-time college students https://datingmentor.org/web/ entering the elder 12 months or even be enrolled in a scholar program in the united states about sphere of Computer system Science, Computers Engineering, otherwise a connected technical community. People are required to care for a collective GPA of at least step three.5. A small grouping of female undergraduate and graduate pupil finalists will be selected about applicant pond. All of the users and you will finalists is allowed to see Google head office to own a networking retreat.
Microsoft Grants: Microsoft prizes tuition scholarships (Diversity at the Microsoft) and appointment scholarships (Elegance Hopper Conference Scholarship) on a yearly basis to encourage underrepresented pupils to follow education inside the Computer Science and you may associated Stem (Technology, Tech, Systems, and you can Mathematics) disciplines. Users both for grants would-be granted in the recognition of their exhibited love of technical, educational excellence, and you may frontrunners if you find yourself attempting to force the application world give.
About soul out of promoting Dr
- Students must be enrolled full time from inside the an excellent bachelor’s studies system at a several-season university in america, Canada, or Mexico during the time the program is actually registered.
- The brand new grant is available to youngsters looking for Desktop Technology, Computer system Technology, otherwise a related Base degree.
- Take care of a 3.0 collective grade area average out-of a possible cuatro.0, otherwise a beneficial cuatro.0 collective levels section average from a potential 5.0.
In the soul of promoting Dr
- Users discover complete or partial university fees shielded for starters instructional season once the printed because of the financial aid workplace from the university or college.
- Microsoft can make a-one-go out payment for the designated college or university, and you will numbers are not transferable to many other academic establishments.
- Children are able to use the money to possess university fees just – not to other will set you back on the bursar costs, such area and you will panel.
Morris K. Udall Undergraduate Grant: The Morris K. Udall Foundation is created because of the a work of Congress inside 1992 to help you award Morris Udall’s 30 years away from service in the house of Representatives. Their purpose is always to support “Grant and you will Brilliance in the federal environmental policy.” Generally speaking, the foundation honors 80 grants based on merit in order to a fantastic sophomores and you will juniors which want to follow jobs linked to brand new environment; so you’re able to Indigenous American and Alaska Local college students with showed partnership to help you work related to tribal societal plan; or to Indigenous Western and you will Alaska Local people that have presented a partnership so you can professions pertaining to Native Western medical care.